How to Give
How much to give is always a personal decision. The United Way of Gentry was formed with the giving idea of one dollar a week. As simple as it sounds, if everyone in the Gentry school district gave one dollar a week, we would raise over $300,000 each year. If you choose to give you can print out the pledge card, fill it out and mail to:
United Way of Gentry Arkansas
PO Box 425
Gentry, AR 72734.
Thank you for your consideration.
There are several ways to volunteer to help the United Way of Gentry.
- Volunteer to serve on the Board of Directors. The 2 main priorities of a board member are to provide direction and decide how funds are allocated.
- Volunteer to help with annual campaign. We hold our annual fund raising campaign during October and November each year. People are always needed to help with the campaign.
- Volunteer for special events. Each year the United Way holds 2 or more special community events. People are always needed to help with these events.
- Volunteer a professional skill. The United Way is always looking for people with special talents who are interested in making a difference.
Benefits of Volunteering
Whether it is important to you to solve a community problem, advance a worthy cause or to develop as a person, volunteering offers many benefits in appreciation for the gift of your time and expertise. Volunteering can help you:
- Make important network contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach your skills to others
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Communicate to others that you care about your community
- Make a difference in someone's life
- Set a great example for your children